"Since the DURGA Alto has become a true classic in the saxophone world, we didn’t want to change the base sound signature. But we did want to update it with some of Theo’s new technology. Hence, it now has a Medium-Stadium-Chamber™, and a new technology in creation of the baffle. By continued research & development, Theo has optimized the baffle and chamber to accept airflow even better. You will get a much fuller, yet freer blowing, mouthpiece. Soooooo much fun to play!
The DURGA has a step-baffle for power, but also deeply rounded inner side walls leading into our Medium-Stadium-Chamber™, giving it the full sound inherent in a True Large Chamber AND extra projection. This is why it can scream and be mellow depending on your mood.
Theo is truly breaking new ground with this mouthpiece as little has been done with modern large chamber alto mouthpieces. This is partly why the DURGA alto is such a stand out in the market. There is nothing ‘vintage’ or modern like it. It is available in 24K gold plate, and premium hard rubber! The DURGA 5 has evolved from the DURGA 1, 2, 3 and 4 with more core and body to the sound and more expressive sound."
- Great for Jazz, R&B, and Rock & Roll.
- Projects a sensual tone that is flirtatious and erotic. It makes everyone want to dance!
- It is so unique; it really has to be played to be understood and believed.
- Radical proprietary Medium-Stadium-Chamber™. Rounded inner side walls all the way to the tip. Uniquely shaped long step baffle.
- Crafted to the highest accuracy in the history of saxophone mouthpieces.
- Designed by Theo Wanne, the foremost expert on the design and manufacturing of vintage and new mouthpieces.
If you have any questions or would like to make an offer, please feel free to contact us at the shop through our phone or email.