A versatile bass trombone, the Q36YR features the clarity of sound and projection for which S.E. Shires instruments are famed. The QYB bell features an 9 1⁄2-inch, two-piece, hand-hammered “QII” taper in yellow brass with soldered bead, giving this trombone a clear, singing tone with excellent projection and clarity with a full, deep low register and broad sound. The wide, .562 bore handslide in standard weight yellow brass results in a broad sound that retains clarity, color and projection. The nickel handslide crook gives crispness and brilliance to the articulations. The independent rotary valves retain focus throughout all registers without sacrificing comfort or clarity in the valve register. This independent valve system allows fore more flexibility of choice in valve and slide position choices. At home in any ensemble, the Q36YR bass trombone is an excellent choice for any situation.
- QBY bell: 91⁄2-inch, two-piece, hand-hammered “QII” taper in lightweight yellow brass with soldered bead
- Independent F/G♭ rotary valves
- Q62 handslide: .562-inch, standard-weight yellow brass; nickel-silver crook
- QYB tuning slide
- Three interchangeable yellow brass leadpipes
- Bell Engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark and traditional floral pattern
- Includes Q Series bass case, mouthpiece, and care kit
All of our pre-owned and new instruments come fully inspected by our in-house repair shop. If you have any questions or would like to make an offer, please feel free to contact us directly at the shop through our phone 713-426-3663 or email @ Wes.Hughes@flemingrepair.com
Thanks for looking! We look forward to working with you!