A versatile bass trombone, the Q36YA features the clarity of sound and projection for which S.E. Shires instruments are famed. The QYB bell features a 91⁄2-inch, two-piece, hand-hammered “QII” taper in yellow brass with soldered bead, giving this trombone a clear, singing tone with excellent projection and clarity with a full, deep low register and broad sound. The wide, .562 bore handslide in standard weight yellow brass results in a broad sound that retains clarity, color, and projec- tion. The nickel handslide crook gives crispness and brilliance to the articulations. The axial-flow valves feel very broad and even—especially when both valves are engaged—and allow for a truly open low register. This independent valve system allows for more flexibility of choice in valve and slide position choices. At home in any ensemble, the Q36YA bass trombone is an excellent choice for any musician.
- QBY bell: 91⁄2-inch, two-piece, hand-hammered “QII” taper in lightweight yellow brass with soldered bead
- Independent F/G♭ axial-flow valves
- Q62 handslide: .562-inch, standard-weight yellow brass; nickel-silver crook
- QY tuning slide
- Three interchangeable yellow brass leadpipes
- Bell Engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark and traditional floral pattern
All of our pre-owned and new instruments come fully inspected by our in-house repair shop. If you have any questions or would like to make an offer, please feel free to contact us directly at the shop through our phone 713-426-3663 or email @ Wes.Hughes@flemingrepair.com
Thanks for looking! We look forward to working with you!