The Butler Carbon Fiber Trombones are hand-made in the heart of Dallas, Texas. The team at Butler's is comprised of talented musicans and craftsmen who seek to provide trombonists with increased flexibility and musicality. By reducing the overall weight of the horn with custom made carbon fiber bell and slides, Butler trombones allow the musician to move faster, easier, and with less strain on the body.The Butler trombone design comes from David Butler himself. Dave worked on various prototypes and builds before distributing his line of trombones. Dave collaborated with various musicians such as former Bass Trombonist of the Boston Symphony Orchestra, Douglas Yeo, when coming up with his designs.Butler now offers a line of small bore, medium bore, large bore, and bass trombones! Each trombone is hand-made and manufactured maticiolusly to fit the Butler standard. The Lemondrop, along with the JJ, were the first two models that started the Butler Carbon Fibre line. This Butler Trombone combines the best elements of brass and carbon fiber to create a truly outstanding instrument designed to fit into any style. Standard features:
- .500 bore
- Total weight is 1.5 lbs.
- Standard finish is: Buffed nickel with no lacquer on metal parts. Carbon fiber parts are clear coated with a matte finish and high luster on the inside of the bell.
- Modular bell section
- Interchangeable leadpipes (fine thread Edwards #3 included)
- Curved "Williams style" hand brace
- Chrome plated nickel silver inner slides
- All carbon fiber outer slide weighing 65 grams
- Speedyflo water key
- Carbon fiber 8" bell at .03 wall thickness for excellent response.
- Protech gig bag with Butler logo
All of our pre-owned and new instruments come fully inspected by our in-house repair shop. If you have any questions or would like to make an offer, please feel free to contact us directly at the shop through our phone 713-426-3663 or email @ Wes.Hughes@flemingrepair.com
Thanks for looking! We look forward to working with you!