"The sound concept of the WATER is unlike any other Theo Wanne™ mouthpiece. You will find a rich beautiful core to the sound, in fact, richer than any other classical or all-around mouthpiece we tested, vintage or new. This is intentional and due to a truly unique Small-Chamber & Throat that compresses the airstream into the saxophone neck to create a rich sound, that is not pinched at all like other small chamber designs.
The Shark-Gill™ Baffle developed by Theo is also very unique. It both channels and disrupts the airstream at the same time. This is similar to the flow of water over a shark’s skin allowing it to travel faster. The air fills up the full volume of the small chamber/throat more efficiently. You will find the WATER to have enough resistance for the classical musician and most general music too, yet it never feels clogged or like you must fight the mouthpiece. The Thick-Tip-Rail helps add control over your sound, so it does not feel wild and out of control. It also gives the option of moving the reed forward and back to adjust the amount of resistance one prefers.
The WATER is made from our revolutionary Black A.R.T. Material. This is not a cheap ABS or Delrin plastic, but a very high quality and expensive proprietary material that actually resonates better than vintage hard rubber. In fact it is the only material that we like better than vintage hard rubber.
The WATER comes only in Size 3, as the design is optimized for this size. You will notice, however, how big a sound you can get from it:"
- The ultimate all-around AND classical mouthpiece.
- The most expressive traditional sound you’ve ever heard!
- Retains the resistance and body to the sound classical musicians require.
- Small chamber for a full, yet clean yet articulate sound.
- Theo Wanne’s proprietary Shark-gill™ baffle.
- Crafted to the highest accuracy in the history of classical mouthpiece history; perfect side and tip rails!
- Designed by Theo Wanne, the foremost expert on the design and manufacturing of vintage mouthpieces.
If you have any questions or would like to make an offer, please feel free to contact us directly at the shop through our phone or email.