The Butler Carbon Fiber Trombones are hand-made in the heart of Dallas, Texas. The team at Butler's is comprised of talented musicans and craftsmen who seek to provide trombonists with increased flexibility and musicality. By reducing the overall weight of the horn with custom made carbon fiber bell and slides, Butler trombones allow the musician to move faster, easier, and with less strain on the body.
The Butler trombone design comes from David Butler himself. Dave worked on various prototypes and builds before distributing his line of trombones. Dave collaborated with various musicians such as former Bass Trombonist of the Boston Symphony Orchestra, Douglas Yeo, when coming up with his designs.
Butler now offers a line of small bore, medium bore, large bore, and bass trombones! Each trombone is hand-made and manufactured maticiolusly to fit the Butler standard.
This Butler Trombone combines the best elements of brass and carbon fiber to create a truly outstanding instrument designed to fit into any style.
The C10 features the Instrument Innovation Tenor Rotary Valve with a Tran's Trigger Custom 'Black and Gold' wooden thumb rest.
Butler's outer slides are lightning quick and super low maintenace. Simply use slide lubricant and there's no need for a spray bottle.
Acoustically, the trombone is vibrant and feels amazing throughout all the partials. Say goodbye to the days of hand cramps, because at times you forget you are even holding up a trombone!
- 10 .547 bore, C9 dual bore .547.525, C8 .525 bore.
- All three slide sections are interchangable with bell, F valve or straight gooseneck.
- Total weight is 3 lbs with valve section. 2.5 lbs with straight gooseneck.
- Standard finish is: Satin lacquer on all metal parts. Carbon fiber parts are matte finish with high luster on the inside of the bell.
- Modular bell section
- Interchangeable leadpipes (fine thread Edwards #2 or #3 included)
- Bi-threaded cork barrel take both fine and course threads
- Curved "Williams style" hand brace
- Chrome plated nickel silver inner slides
- All carbon fiber outer slide weighing 80 grams
- Speedyflo water key
- Carbon fiber 8 1/2" bell at .03 wall thickness for excellent response.
- Instrument Innovations rotary valve or straight gooseneck.
- Protech gig bag with Butler logo
All of our pre-owned and new instruments come fully inspected by our in-house repair shop. If you have any questions or would like to make an offer, please feel free to contact us directly at the shop through our phone 713-426-3663 or email @ Wes.Hughes@flemingrepair.com