The S.E. Shires Custom trombone is a versatile instrument with a clear, pure sound and the consistency, playability, and projection that has made S.E. Shires trombones the favorites of professionals the world over. Inspired by the classic New York and Mt. Vernon bells, this one-piece bell is constructed with the broader TII taper and features a large, rich, warm sound. The yellow-brass bell provides a clear, pure sound with strong fundamental, keeps a very consistent tone color and overtone structure throughout the range of dynamics. The yellow brass, .547 bore, tenor handslide with bass crook provides a broad sound and open feel.
- TII 5YVNY Bell: 8.5 inch, one piece, hand-hammered “TII” taper in yellow brass with traditionally brazed seam and soldered bead
- S.E. Shires Dual-bore valve
- TB47 Handslide: .547-inch bore, standard weight yellow brass; nickel-silver bass crook
- Three interchangeable yellow-brass leadpipes (1.5, 2L, 2.5)
- Bell Engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark and traditional floral pattern
- Includes S.E. Shires tenor trombone case, mouthpiece, and care kit
Shires Custom trombones are modular and offer the player the option of interchanging different components to find their own sound. This trombone is even throughout the low and high registers. On top of that, the Marcus Bonna case is incredible in the protection and light weight department. This horn and case will be your daily driver for the years to come.
This standard symphonic tenor makes going in and out of the trigger register effortless. We are here to help with any and all of your S.E. Shires Custom part inquires.
All of our pre-owned and new instruments come fully inspected by our in-house repair shop. If you have any questions or would like to make an offer, please feel free to contact us directly at the shop through our phone 713-426-3663 or email @ Wes.Hughes@flemingrepair.com
Thanks for looking! We look forward to working with you!